NSLOOKUP - DNS Record Lookup tool
This is a Nslookup tool which is capable of LookUp for 12 types of DNS records for domains and IPs. This includes all common record types like NS, A, MX and many more. This can be be the best tool to check that your DNS administrator has configured your domain properly or not.
The results are formatted in a user friendly manner, such that even newbie can easily use this tool.
With this tools you can do lookup for the following type of DNS records:
- A - returns a 32-bit IPv4 address, most commonly used to map hostnames to an IP address of the host.
- NS - returns the nameservers associated with the domain. In this tool additionally IPs are also shown. This will also return any authoritative NS present.
- MX - returns the mail servers associated with the domain along with the priority values. Additionally IPs are shown in this tool.
- CNAME - returns the alias of the domain to another. Normally www subdomains contain CNAME values. Additionally IPs are also shown.
- SOA - returns the authoritative information about a DNS zone, including the primary name server, the email of the domain administrator, and several other information.
- TXT - returns any text data specified within the DNS.
- AAAA - returns a 128-bit IPv6 address, most commonly used to map hostnames to an IP address of the host.
- PTR - a pointer to a canonical name. This is used commonly for reverse dns lookup. The value entered should be an IP address.
- HINFO - returns any host information available in the DNS, it shows the CPU type and operating system of the host.
- SRV - returns any generalized service location record present.
- ANY - This will return any DNS information available for domain/host, not necessarily it will return all records.
- ALL - This will return every DNS records present in the domain/host.