Categories: Math Tools
Date: Jun 3, 2008
Title: Grapher v5
Stable version of Grapher 5 Released.
Grapher v5 is out of beta stage. After lots of beta testing and series of beta releases, finally stable version of Grapher version 5 has been released.
Changes in v5
- Now Grapher can show coordinated when mouse hovers on the Graph, this help in easy analysis of the graph. This fucntionality is fully compatible with log-scale also.
- All the compatibility issues with different browsers are now removed. It has been successfully tested on IE v6, FireFox v2 and Operea v9
- Friendly Url function is now improved. Unlike older versions it can now work with single page load.
- Added option to download and save the plotted Graph image. The image is in PNG format.
- Added option to have print view for the graph separately.
- Some changes in the user interface.
- Now the function, variables and constants are not case-sensitive.
- In previous version there was a problem in showing numbers along axis on log scale. It has been fixed now.
- Now grapher can properly analyze the region of discontinuity / undefined portion of a function. Auto range problems for functions with discontinuity has been resolved.
- A special algorithm has been implemented for showing axes numbers or hover coordinates in log scale. Since log scale is not a linear scale, precession to a fixed decimal point is not adequate to show accurate values. With this new algorithm it will show accurate coordinates all over the graph area.
- Dropped the show co-ordinate option in function plotting mode.